Presenting cove.tool to your firm? Hosting a sustainability workshop? Not sure where to find flashy gifs and screenshots that will excite your audience? This article packages everything you need to make a great presentation in 4 easy steps.
- Identify your audience
- Organize event
- Assemble the presentation
- Present and let cove.tool do the rest
Step 1. Identify your Audience
Your audience will determine the direction and contents of your presentation. Is your group made up of architects, engineers, consultants, developers, or a mix of these professions? Have they already heard of cove.tool, or is building performance an entirely new field to them? In your presentation, it is crucial that talking points are tailored to fit the interests and needs of the audience. By the end, you should have a group engaged, eager, and ready to commit to a data-driven design process. Below is a collection of presentation format which may best serve a specific group.
- A firm with no sustainability practice experience may need cove.tool to be presented as an educational tool. One which can make the transition to a new workflow seamless. Sharing articles, blog posts, and case studies from real users as well as demonstrating the app's intuitive workflow and real-time support will get the entire team on board.
- A group of architects will need visuals and a hands-on demonstration. Walking them through the tool with a project they recognize can be incredibly insightful. Start by uploading a model with a plugin, orbit around the site model and a building's Daylight/Shadow/Radiation visualization, and run a cost & energy optimization. Communicating the vision and showing off the neat gadgets is a great approach.
- Engineers already have a dozen tools they use, why should they invest the time and effort to learn another one? Talk about rapid prototyping as an engineering methodology to save project time by running the final detailed simulation only once. This is the question that should be answered in your presentation with an engineering team. Show what cove.tool can do, and how it can improve the existing workflow. Point out the time saved with automation, how 3D models are not necessary for most results, and include comparisons. Show how the arduous work of a full compliance model can be simplified.
- Sustainability Consultants may not need much convincing. It's fast and powerful. Need to check a project for daylight? Architects asking about the benefits of photovoltaic panels? Cove.tool is automating performance for all types so you can take on more projects and provide more design iterations to hit new codes and standards.
- Developers, Contractors, and Owners will want to know one thing, will cove.tool save them money? YES! Show them how integrated cost is with every building decision in cove.tool. Share case studies, and layout the real statistics. Talk collecting cost data and the importance of running it each time a new pricing package is created.
Step 2: Organize Event
Now that you know your audience, create an event that best serves the intent of the discussion.
Invitees, who will attend the presentation? Is this a leadership call or firm-wide presentation. Who needs to be brought on for the best adoption.
Timing, when and for how long is this going to take. Do you have 15 minutes to dazzle a crowd and just plant the cove.tool seed into their minds, or is this a lunch hour session for anyone interested can drop by and learn. Agree on a time and date.
Agenda, let your attendees know what they can expect. Breakdown your presentation into 15 minutes increments, for example, Overview, Walkthrough, Casestudy, and Questions. Always conclude your presentation with an open floor to field all questions. Most questions can be immediately answered with a support article, everything else can be clarified by the support team via live chatbox.
Step 3: Assemble the Presentation
This section is where to go to find all the helpful links and images you might want to make your presentation stand out.
- 2-minute video - Fastest way to see the tool in action.
- Pre-made Powerpoint Presentation - Pre-packaged talking points for instant success. Note that this link routinely expires every 45 days, if the link is expired please alert the LiveChat support team and we will send you the most recent version of the presentation and update this URL.
- Features list - a list of cove.tool's most exciting features. Each item comes with a brief overview and a graphic snapshot of the tool in action.
- Pricing - Quotes are available upon request. Once a request is submitted, cove.tool will assign your firm a Sales Associate who will learn more about your team and workflow, and find the best purchasing plan for you.
- App Store - Everything plugin related. Includes downloads for BIM add-ins, sample models, video tutorials, and more.
- Help Library Glossary - Looking for an in-depth article on a specific topic or feature? Use the Help Glossary to learn more about Daylight, Energy, Climate, Carbon, Cost, Optimization, and more. The help articles will also typically include
- Blog Post - Case studies, white papers, and other topical 5 minute reads.
Step 4: Present
Everyone is looking for leaders like you to change the AEC industry and save the planet from carbon emissions. You got this!