The 2016 New York State Energy Conservation Code is based on the 2015 International Energy Conservation Code and ASHRAE 90.1-2013 - as modified by the State of New York. According to the section C406.7 of the New York City Energy Conservation Code, different buildings are classified as follows:
- Group R-1: Boarding houses, hotels or motels.
- Group I-2: Hospitals, psychiatric hospitals and nursing homes.
- Group A-2: Restaurants and banquet halls or buildings containing food preparation areas.
- Group F: Laundries.
- Group R-2: Buildings with residential occupancies.
- Group A-3: Health clubs and spas.
Following are the few key amendments for prescriptive inputs used in cove.tool:
Cove.tool Assumptions (all engineering inputs can be easily edited by the user):
- Referring to the PNNL prototype models, the wood framed walls with attic roof is assumed for small office building and steel framed walls with insulation entirely above deck is assumed for all other commercial building types in cove.tool.
- The fixed framing windows are assumed for all building types.
- Window SHGC value is picked assuming the Projection Factor(PF) is less than 0.2.
Find out more about NYCECC here.