The Washington State Building Code is comprised of national model codes adopted by reference and amended at the state level. The city of Seattle made amendments to the Washington State Energy Code 2015 which is known as The Seattle Energy Code 2015. According to the Seattle Energy Code 2015 section C406.7.1 the building types are divided in following groups:
- Group R-1: Boarding houses, hotels or motels.
- Group I-2: Hospitals, psychiatric hospitals and nursing homes.
- Group A-2: Restaurants and banquet halls or buildings containing food preparation areas.
- Group F: Laundries.
- Group R-2: Buildings with residential occupancies.
- Group A-3: Health clubs and spas.
Following are the few key amendments for prescriptive inputs used in cove.tool:
Cove.tool Assumptions (all engineering inputs can be easily edited by the user):
- Referring to the PNNL prototype models, the wood framed walls with attic roof is assumed for small office building and steel framed walls with insulation entirely above deck is assumed for all other commercial building types in cove.tool.
- The fixed metal framing windows are assumed for all building types.
- Window SHGC values is picked for 'SEW' direction when the Projection Factor(PF) is less than 0.2.
Find out more about the Seattle Energy Code here.