The Compare Projects feature allows users to compare up to 4 cove.tool projects side-by-side in a stripped-down results-only format. This is helpful when comparing different massing schemes, different glazing percentages, different orientations, HVAC comparisons, and more!
How does it work?
The compare projects feature is available on the project's home page, as the empty checkbox on the top right corner of each project tile, a COMPARE button at the top of the project list (image below). Users can select up to four projects for comparison.
After selecting the compare button, users will be taken to the compare projects screen. From here, users can scroll through the various results, toggle between units, variables, and more.
- Energy Code comparison of the same model. Atlanta Large office for ASHRAE 90.1 - 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016
2. Example of a System Type (HVAC) comparison below. Read the full article here.
- Toggle Units: Switch between IP and SI units. Using the toggle bar in the top right corner of the compare projects page, users can quickly switch between IP and SI units.
- Differentiate projects with snapshots: Using images uploaded to the individual projects, users can differentiate the results by their selected snapshots.
- Legend Toggle: Results that are displayed in a bar-graph format, can have the visibility of their components changed. Meaning, users can hide certain categories of the bar graph by selected their legend titles. Show them again by selecting the hidden components.
- Compare EUI, WUI, and LEED Points for WEc2 & EAc2: Check out the compare projects page to see a list of results to compare across projects.
- Window-to-Wall Ratio: Users can also compare the percentage of glazing per the direction of each project. This is useful when using cove.tool to perform a massing study, see the image below.