What is an Owner?
Within cove.tool, your firm is represented as a business, to which all users, licenses, and subscriptions are tied. The Owner is the primary account holder with the ability to add administrators and the point of contact for any subscription/licensing questions.
What is an Administrator?
The Administrator has the same permissions as the Owner and would typically be an I.T. admin with the responsibility of adding and removing users. Multiple accounts can be designated as administrators as needed.
How to Add users to your cove.tool account?
Managing user access is done by an Owner or Administrator of your business.
All users should be added by following the steps below so that they are properly linked to your business. *Note* the cove.tool team can also bulk import users if a CSV list of email, first name, last name is provided. Let your Sales Rep know if this seems the faster path to adding your team to cove.tool.
- Go to Users on the top menu bar
- Click the Invite button, then fill out the email address, and click Invite
- Once the user accepts the invitation they will appear in the Users list
How to Remove a user?
If a user no longer needs access to cove.tool, a user can be permanently or temporarily disabled as follows:
- Go Users on the top menu bar
- Find the user in the Users list, click to expand, and click Disable
- On the confirmation page, click Yes to disable
Note: Users can be re-enabled at any time.
4. Outside collaborators can be only be deleted, not disabled.
Editing Users Capabilities
To make a regular user to an account admin:
1. Go to Users on the top menu bar
2. Find the user in the Users list, click to expand, and click Edit
3. Do one or more of the following and click Update:
* Designate a user as an Administrator by clicking the checkbox next to “Administrator?”
* Administrator Role includes the ability to manage account subscription and
business details, all users, and view all projects.
Giving Project Access
Project sharing is available at the start of every project in the new Manage Team button, click to expand. Full tutorial here.
- Give project access by adding team member emails. Existing users will receive immediate project access via email, and the project will be added to their project list. New users will receive invitation emails, and will gain project access after creating a cove.tool account.
- Click update to save project team members.